● 2005.04-now: Department of Engineering Physics, Tsinghua University, Beijing, P.R. China. Full-time professor.
● 2004.03-2005.02: Institute of Cosmic Ray Research (ICRR), University of Tokyo, Japan. JSPS Postdoctoral Fellowship for north American and European researchers (on leave from TRIUMF).
● 1999.12-2005.03: TRIUMF, Vancouver, B.C. Canada. Research Associate.
● 1995.10-1998.11: LAL, University of Paris (11), IN2P3-CNRS, France. Postdoctoral Foreign Researcher.
● 1994.10-1995.04: SLAC, Stanford University, CA, USA. Visiting Research Scientist.
● Fall 2017-present: “Fundamental Physics” （1）、（2）、（3）, undergraduate student course, Tsinghua University.
● Fall 2017-present: “Introduction to Neutron Physics”, undergraduate student course, Tsinghua University.
● Spring 2014-2017: “Introduction to High Energy Physics” ， undergraduate student course, Tsinghua University.
● Spring 2010-2017: “General Physics” （1）、（2）、（3）, undergraduate student course, Tsinghua University.
● Fall 2008-2010: “Cosmic ray detection and physics experiments”, graduate student course, Tsinghua University.
● Spring 2006-2010: “Method of data analysis in experimental particle physics and nuclear physics”, graduate student course, Tsinghua University.
● Spring 2007-2009: “University physics A”, undergraduate student course, Tsinghua University.
Experimental neutrino physics and search for new physics beyond the Standard Model is a fundamental research direction in particle physics and nuclear physics. I am interested in the following fields: (1) Detection of MeV-scale neutrinos, such as solar-, Geo- and Supernova neutrinos. (2) Study of neutrino mixing in vacuum and matter. (3) Search for CP violation both lepton and quark sectors, and evidence of new physics beyond the Standard Model using rare kaon decay. (4) Determination of strange quark mass and Vus in CKM matrix using the strangeness tau lepton decay.
● Slow Liquid Scintillator Candidates for MeV-scale Neutrino Experiments, Astroparticle Physics 109 (2019) 33-40.
● Measurement of the neutrino-oxygen neutral-current quasielastic cross section using atmospheric neutrinos at Super-Kamiokande, Phys. Rev. D99 (2019) no.3, 032005.
● Improved Measurement of the Reactor Antineutrino Flux at Daya Bay, Phys.Rev. D100 (2019) no.5, 052004.
● Search for heavy neutrinos in π→μν decay, Phys. Lett. B798 (2019) 134980.
● Assay of low-background stainless steel by smelting for the neutrino experiment at Jinping, Nucl. Instrum. Meth. A881 (2018) 65-71.
● Wide field-of-view and high-efficiency light concentrator, Nucl. Instrum. Meth. A885 (2018) 114-118.
● Physics prospects of the Jinping neutrino experiment Chin.Phys. C41 (2017) no.2, 023002.
● Discovery potential for supernova relic neutrinos with slow liquid scintillator detectors Phys. Lett. B769 (2017) 255-261.
● Geo-neutrinos at Jinping: Flux prediction and oscillation analysis Phys. Rev. D95 (2017) no.5, 053001.
● Design and analysis of a 1-ton prototype of the Jinping Neutrino Experiment Nucl. Instrum. Meth. A855 (2017) 81-87.
● Separation of Scintillation and Cherenkov Lights in Linear Alkyl Benzene, Nucl. Instrum. Meth. A830 (2016) 303-308.
● Determination of the total absorption peak in an electromagnetic calorimeter, Nucl. Instrum. Meth. A827 (2016) 165-170.
● New measurement of θ13 via neutron capture on hydrogen at Daya Bay, Phys. Rev. D 93, 072011 (2016).
● First measurement of radioactive isotope production through cosmic-ray muon spallation in Super-Kamiokande IV, Phys. Rev. D93 (2016) no.1, 012004.
● Design, characterization, and sensitivity of the supernova trigger system at Daya Bay, Astroparticle Physics 75(2016) 38-43.
● Search for heavy neutrinos in K+→μ+νH decays, Phys. Rev. D91 (2015) no.5, 052001.
● Improved Measurement of the π→eν Branching Ratio, Phys.Rev.Lett. 115 (2015) no.7, 071801.
● Independent measurement of the neutrino mixing angle θ13 via neutron capture on hydrogen at Daya Bay, Daya Bay Collaboration, Phys. Rev. D 90, 071101(R) (2014).
● Supernova Relic Neutrino search with neutron tagging at Super-Kamiokande-IV, Super-Kamiokande Collaboration, Astroparticle Physics 60(2015) 41-46.
● Design of the local trigger board for the Daya Bay reactor neutrino experiment, Nucl.Instrum.Meth. A637 (2011) 138-142.
● Commissioning of the new electronics and online system for the Super-Kamiokande experiment, IEEE Trans.Nucl.Sci. 57 (2010) 428-432.
● Solar neutrino results in Super-Kamiokande-III, Phys.Rev. D83 (2011) 052010.
● First Study of Neutron Tagging with a Water Cherenkov Detector, Super Kamiokande Collaboration, Astroparticle Physics 31: 320-328, 2009.
● New Measurement of the K+ to pion+ nu nu branching ratio, The E949 Collaboration, Physical Review Letters 101, 191802 2008.
● Measurement of the K+ to pion+ nunu branching ratio, The E949 Collaboration, Physical Review D77 052003, 2008.
● The Daya Bay reactor neutrino experiment, Journal of Physics: Conference Series 120 (2008) doi:10.1088/1742-6596/120/5/052024, S. Chen.
● A Precision measurement of the neutrino mixing angle theta(13) using reactor antineutrinos at Daya Bay, The DayaBay collaboration, e-Print Archive: hep-ex/0701029.
● A proposal for detecting Supernova Relic Neutrino in Super Kamiokande, Shaomin Chen and Zhi Deng. Journal-Ref: Nucl. Phys. Proc. Suppl. 166 (2007) 252-254.
● Measurement of neutrino oscillation by the K2K experiment, The K2K collaboration. Journal-Ref: Phys. Rev. D74:072003,2006, e-Print Archive: hep-ex/0606032.
● Strange quark mass from tau decays, M. Davier and S. Chen et al., Journal-Ref: Nucl. Phys. Proc. Suppl. 98 (2001) 319-325.
● Strange quark mass from the invariant mass distribution of Cabibbo suppressed tau decays, S. chen and M. Davieret al., Journal-Ref: Eur.Phys. J. C22: 31-38,2001, e-Print Archive: hep-ph/0105253.
§ 2017: National Innovation Prize with the team at Daya Bay Reactor Neutrino Experiment.
§ 2016: Breakthrough Prize in Fundamental Physics for contributions to Daya Bay and K2K experiments.
§ 2013: Outstanding Scientific and Technological Achievement Award of Chinese Academy of Sciences with the team at Daya Bay Reactor Neutrino Experiment.
§ 2006: Outstanding Faculty Member at Tsinghua University.
§ 2005: “New Century Excellent Talents in University” awarded by Chinese Ministry of Education.
§ 2003: “FY2003 JSPS Postdoctoral Fellowship (Short-Term) for North American and European Researchers” awarded by JSPS.
§ 1994：Excellent PhD thesis awarded by Institute of High Energy Physics, Chinese Academy.
§ 1985, 1986, 1987, 1988：Excellent-student awarded by Guangxi University, China.