Department of Engineering Physics Center for Public Safety Research.
Room 1012, Liuqing Building,Tsinghua University, Beijing 100084, P.R. China.
● 1991.03-1994.06, (Ph.D.) Wuhan University of Surveying and Mapping, major in Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing.
● 1986.09-1991.03, (M.S.) Hefei University of Technology, major in Precision Engineering Survey.
● 1982.09-1986.07, (B.S.) Central South University of Technology, major in Engineering Survey.
● 2004.06-present, Professor of Department of Engineering Physics, Tsinghua University.
● 1996.08-2004.05, Deputy Director / Tutor of a Ph. D. student of State Key Laboratory of Fire Science, University of Science and Technology of China.
● 1994.09-1996.08, Postdoctoral / Associate Professor of State Key Laboratory of Fire Science, University of Science and Technology of China.
● Recent Graduate Training Experience (Last 5 Years):
Prof.Yuan has supervised 11 Ph.D. students and 8 M.S. students (including Master of Engineering).
● Courses Taught (Last 5 Years):
Disaster Detection and Control Engineering Master Required 34
Introduction of Nuclear Energy and Nuclear Technology and Its Practice Undergraduate Required 164
● Main research interests including:
Monitoring of public safety.
Prediction and early warning.
Theory and technology of emergency management and its comprehensive integration.
Fire detection and control engineering.
● "Eleventh Five-Year" Emergency platform major projects issue two .Scientific and technological support of Ministry of Science, 2006-2010.
● Development on Emergency Management Information System of Water Resources and Hydropower Engineering. National scientific and technological support, 2008-2010.
● Early information detection on disaster and early warning network system technology. Other projects of the Ministry of Education,2008-2010.
● Yuan,H.Y. On the role and application of the chain of events and plans in emergency management. Emergency Management of China, 2008, (1):28-31.
● Hong-Yong Yuan, Guo-Feng Su, et al. On the text of emergency plans, digital plans and intelligence programs. Emergency Management of China, 2007, 4:20-23.
● Weng,W.G., Yuan,H.Y., Fan,W.C. A Cellular Automaton Evacuation Model based on Mobile Robot’s Behaviors. Chinese Science Bulletin, 2007, 52(5):680-684. (SCI)
● Xue-Ming Shu, Hong-Yong Yuan, Guo-Feng Su. A New Method of Laser Sheet Imaging-based Fire Smoke Detection, Journal of Fire Sciences, 2006, 24(2):95-104. (SCI,EI)
● Weng W.G., Yuan H.Y. Fan W.C. et al, Experimental Validation of Motor Schema-based Cellular Automaton model for Pedestrian Dynamics. International Journal of Modern Physics C, 2007, 18(6): 927-936. （SCI）
Part-time Academic Job
● 2009- Committee member Emergency Committee of Experts of Ministry of Education
● 2009- Deputy Director-General Branch of Environment and Security Detection Equipment of China Instrument and Control Society
● 2009- Chairman Emergency Management Committee of Association for China Geographic Information
● 2009- Director-General National Technical Committee 351 on Public Safety of Standardization Administration of China
● 2005- Expert committee member Beijing Fire Safety Committee
● 2004- Committee member Electrical Fire Safety Committee of China Fire Protection Association
● 2004- Committee member Committee of Experts of China Fire Protection Association
§ 1998 Second-class, Provincial Scientific and Technological Achievement Award 1
§ 1998 Third-class, Provincial Scientific and Technological Achievement Award 1
§ 2000/2010 First-class, Provincial Scientific and Technological Achievement Award 2
§ 2001 Second-class, National Scientific and Technological Progress Award 1
§ 2001 First-class, National Teaching Achievement Award 1
§ 2001 Chinese Patent Gold Award 1