Phone: +86-10-6279 6120
Fax: +86-10- 6279 2863
Room No.1112, Liuqing Building
Department of Engineering Physics Tsinghua University Beijing, China 100084.
● Ph.D. (1995-1998), Department of Safety Engineering, Northeastern University.
● M.E. (1992-1995), Department of Mining Engineering, Anhui University of Science and Technology.
● B.E. (1988-1992), Department of Mining Engineering, Hunan University of Science and Technology.
● Sep. 2015–present, Professor of Department of Engineering Physics, Tsinghua University.
● May 2015- present, Member of the first National Emergency Response Expert Group on Work Safety.
● Dec. 2014- present, Expert of the Fifth Expert Group on National Work Safety.
● 2014-2017, Director of Beijing Key Laboratory of Metro Fire and Passenger Transportation Safety.
● Mar. 2001-Sep. 2015, China Academy of Safety Science and Technology .
● Jun. 2011-Sep. 2015, Director of Institute of Transportation Safety.
● Dec. 2013- Mar. 2014, Visiting associate, Division of Engineering and Applied Science, California Institute of Technology .
● Mar. 2005- Jun. 2011, Vice director of Institute of Public Safety.
● Sep. 2005, Professor (State Administration of Work Safety).
● Mar. 2003- present, Member of the National Expert Group on Road Traffic Accident Prevention.
● Jun. 2003- Mar. 2005, Vice director of Center of Safety Assessment.
● Mar. 2001- Jun. 2003, Associate professor, Institute of Dust Hazard.
● Oct.1998 – Mar. 2001, Post-doctor, State Key Laboratory of Fire Science, University of Science and Technology of China.
● Jan.2001, Associate professor,.
Urban safety, metro safety, human evacuation, underground engineering risk assessment, subway fire, coalfield fire, the possible use of ﬁre by Homo erectus pekinensis.
● 2016, 7-2019, 6. Research on risk assessment and emergency support technology of urban safety, National Key Research and Development Program of China.
● 2017, 1-2020, 12. Study on the smoke flow vortex of slope metro tunnel in train blocking condition. Project of National Natural Science Foundation of China.
● 2015, 1-2019, 12. Metro Safety Science and Technology, China National Funds for Distinguished Young Scientists.
● 2017, 11-2018. 10. Study on risk control and comprehensive supervision promotion strategy of work safety in Xiongan New Area. Project of National Natural Science Foundation of China.
● 2011, 1-2013, 12. Foundational research on smoke spread and control of underground chamber group. Project of National Natural Science Foundation of China.
● 2012, 1- 2014, 12. Research of key technologies and equipment development on accident prevention of shield construction under complicated conditions, confined water and risk control of trial operation of metro. Project of the 12th five-year National Science and Technology Support Program.
● 2011, 1-2013, 12. Study on dynamics of human transport and emergency intervention mechanism of urban unconventional events. Project of National Natural Science Foundation of China.
● Maohua Zhong, Congling Shi, Xing Gao, Xinzhi Wu, Fuyou Chen, Shuangquan Zhang, Xingkai Zhang, John W. Olsen, On the possible use of fire by Homo erectus at Zhoukoudian, China. Chinese Science Bulletin, 2014, 59(3): 335-343.
● Zhong Maohua, Shi Congling, He Li, Shi Jiehong, Liu Chang, Tian Xiangliang, Smoke development in full-scale sloped long and large curved tunnel fires under natural ventilation. Applied Thermal Engineering, 2016, 108: 857–865.
● Xiangliang Tian, Maohua Zhong, Congling Shi, Peihong Zhang, Chang Liu, Full-scale tunnel fire experimental study of fire-induced smoke temperature profiles with methanol-gasoline blends. Applied Thermal Engineering, 2017, 116: 233-243.
● Chang Liu, Maohua Zhong, Congling Shi, Peihong Zhang, Xiangliang Tian, Temperature profile of fire-induced smoke in node area of a full-scale mine shaft tunnel under natural ventilation. Applied Thermal Engineering, 2017, 110: 382-389.
● Shi Congling, Zhong Maohua, Nong Xingzhong, He Li, Shi Jiehong, Feng Guoguan, Modeling and safety strategy of passenger evacuation in a metro station in China. Safety Science, 2012, 50(5):1319-1332.
● Zhong Maohua, Shi Congling, He Li, Shi Jiehong & Fu Tairan,Full-scale experimental research on fire fume refluence of sloped long and large curved tunnel, Science in China (E), 2011, 54(S1): 89–94.
● Zhong Maohua, Shi Congling, Fu Tairan, He Li and Shi Jiehong, Study in performance analysis of China Urban Emergency Response System based on Petri net. Safety Science, 2010, 48(6): 755-762.
● C.L. Shi, M.H. Zhong, T.R. Fu, L. He, R. Huo. An Investigation on spill plume temperature of large space building fires. Journal of Loss Prevention in the Process Industries, 2009, 22(1): 76-85.
● Zhong Maohua, Fu Tairan, Illegal mining could revive Xinjiang's coalfield fires. Nature, 2008, 451(7174): 16-16.
● Zhong Maohua, Shi Congling, Tu Xuwei, Fu Tairan, He Li., Study of the human evacuation simulation of metro fire safety analysis in China, Journal of Loss Prevention in the Process Industries, 2008, 21(3): 287-298.
● Maohua Zhong, Tiemin Liu, Yunfeng Deng, Congling Shi, Tairan Fu, Xueyi Hu., Safety evaluation: Important safeguard of work safety for enterprises in China. Journal of Loss Prevention in the Process Industries, 2006, 19(6): 762-768.
● Liu Tiemin, Maohua Zhong, Juanjuan Xing, Industrial accidents: Challenges for China’s economic and social development, Safety Science, 2005, 43 (8) 503–522.
Part-time Academic Job
● Jan. 2005- Sep. 2015, Deputy editor in chief of Journal of Safety and Technology.
● Dec. 2016- Dec. 2021, Member of The second Expert and Academic Committee of the China Urban Rail Transit Association.
§ 2013, Scientific and Technological Innovation Leading Talents of the Middle and Young People, Innovative talent promotion plan of MOST.
§ 2013, Scientific and Technological Innovation Leading Talents of National Level Talents Special Support Plan.
§ 2014, China National Fund for Distinguished Young Scientists.